Psychology is the ‘Jack of all trades’ for employers. However, most people chose to study Psychology with the aim of having a career in clinical, research or teaching.
Here are some novel and exciting areas where you can take your Psychology degree:
- Rocket Science Strategist – working with engineers and business experts on the technical and economic issues of creating a human space capsule that takes both NASA astronauts and private participants into space.
- Circus Psychologist – helping performers adjust to their new job, overcome fear and stage fright and recover from injuries and fatigue.
- Military Psychologist – working with military employees and providing outpatient psychotherapy.
- Online Course Developer – developing interactive online courses on topics such as stress management, stopping smoking, panic, insomnia and asthma control.
- Parapsychologist – studying psi phenomenon, which includes ESP or mind reading and psychokinesis or mind over matter.
- Psychologist and Filmmaker – help clients during the day and produce films, write screenplays and author novels at night.
- Traffic Psychologist – from road rage to the impact of commuter stress on workplace aggression to drinking and driving.